Wednesday, September 29, 2010

The Name Game...

           This little man was supposed to be Vinson Gabriel. However, after seeing the little guy in the sonogram, the name just didn't fit. Our little boy seemed so relaxed. He had his arms behind his head and his legs were kicking to and fro. He seemed so content. 
        
        We had told our entire family, before knowing the gender, that his name would be Vinson. We received mixed reactions. Some liked it, some hated it. But we told them we were set on it. The day we found out the gender we tried calling the baby Vinson. It felt very wrong. 
        
        Gabe and I didn't say anything at first. We were in bed, reading, and Gabe stated, "I have a confession. I don't like the name Vinson." I was so relieved, I didn't like it either, but was afraid to say so. The two of us started throwing out names, mostly biblical. Gabe finally said, "What about Noah?" I thought about it, tried it out, and loved it. After looking up the name, I discovered its meaning: comfort, peaceful, reposed. It was perfect. We prayed about the name, and have had such a peace about it since. 
        
        Our little man is now Noah Gabriel Boughner!

No comments:

Post a Comment