Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Boy or Girl?

        The anticipation was torture as Gabe and I waited for our parents to arrive at Womancare. On September 20th at 11:10 we were scheduled for another sonogram to find out the gender.  My parents and Gabe's parents both came to witness and share in the big event. 
        
        I had heard that the baby could be in the position so you can't see anything. We prayed and prayed for the baby to be in the perfect position!
        
        Gabe and I were alone in the sonogram room, with the exception of the nurse. Our parents sat in the waiting room while we were the first to witness the baby's "parts." As soon as the nurse put the monitor on the stomach our little baby had its legs spread wide apart. The baby is a BOY! He was ready to show the world too. At this sonogram appointment we were also able to see his heart, brain, and spinal cord. Everything was perfect. 
        
        Once we knew the gender, the moms entered. The nurse showed the mothers every part of the baby except the "deciding" body part. Finally, she showed them. They both burst into tears, especially my mom. They had both guessed he would be a boy. The dads came in next and the nurse showed them right away. Gabe's step-dad Doug said he knew it would be a boy, but my dad, naturally, thought it would be a girl. They were both thrilled and proud. 

I secretly wanted a little boy. I would have been just as happy with a little girl, but I wanted a little Gabe Boughner. :) 

WE ARE HAVING A BOY!  21 weeks:

No comments:

Post a Comment