Wednesday, September 29, 2010

*The Karate Kid*

On July 12, 2010 I felt the first "flutter."

      I had been leaning over the keyboard, a tad abnormally. My stomach was in the perfect awkward position, and I felt something very strange. It was as if a butterfly was flapping its wings in my uterus. I was stunned. I told the girls in the office what I had felt, and they confirmed my suspicions. It was a "kick." 

      It took a long time for me to feel that sensation again. However, the past month the "butterfly," has transformed into a "karate kick." This little guy really likes to move. It is amazing to lay on my back, while my shirt is lifted, and see the baby move across my stomach. It is almost sci-fi'ish. 

      I have gotten used to the constant movement, and I now recognize little man's ruitine. However, this past Friday, the movement was not as constant. I let myself worry, and voiced my concern to Gabe. Gabe gently bent down to my relaxed and elevated tummy, and began singing, "Hotel California." After that, he started talking to the baby about this and that. The baby was kicking the whole time as if it completely enjoyed listening to his daddy. It was a beautiful moment. I love Gabe so much, and I am so proud that half of him is growing inside me. Noah is one lucky dude to have Gabe as his daddy.

      Unfortunately, the kicking interrupted worship during church on Sunday. I was on stage singing back-up to Revelation Song, and Noah started kicking. He was kicking so hard that it took my breath away, and I had to take the mic away from my mouth. I think he really liked the song. :)

      The kicking has been my favorite aspect of pregnancy thus far! It is proof that our little guy is still okay. 
    

No comments:

Post a Comment